Thursday, May 17, 2007

Brief Tangent on Yogurt

It may not be cheese, but it's close, since it too is curdled milk. (Well, not quite curdled, but close.) I picked this up in Athens, Ohio, where I was visiting friends, for my long car ride home. I already knew about this dairy company, but I hadn't seen the ginger yogurt before. It was great. It wasn't too sweet, which is something I don't like in yogurt, and it had lots of little pieces of ginger down at the bottom. (I ate it while driving, so I didn't manage to stir it up very thoroughly, so I ended with lots of ginger towards the end.) It is made by the Old Chatham Sheepherding Company, which also makes some very nice cheeses that I'll be posting about sooner or later. I'm hoping to make a field trip to their farm sometime this summer.

No comments: